This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Many of you might have heard the rumor that bloggers just browse the internet all day. I’m sorry to break it to you but that is totally not true. If you are a blogger, you have realized that it takes a lot of time and hard work to become a successful blogger! Thankfully, there are many tools out there that can help make our job a lot easier! While researching about the best blogging tools, I found a lot of great programs, but I also ran into one issue – many of them weren’t free! I wanted to know the best free blogging tools but wasn’t able to find exactly what I needed. When you are just starting out and not making money yet, you can’t afford to spend extra money. That’s when I decided to compile a list of all the best blogging tools you can use for FREE!
1. WordPress – WordPress is by far the most popular blogging platform out there right now. There are thousands of plugins and themes available to customize your site into exactly what you need. Wordpress is also one of the easiest platforms I have worked with.
2. Google analytics – In my experience, Google Analytics provides the most detailed insights of blog statistics of any program out there. You can get a look at your visitors and pageviews as well as see how many people are viewing your blog at this exact moment. This is one of those tools that every blogger needs!
3. Hootsuite – This is the tool I use to schedule posts on almost all my social media channels. I usually take some time and schedule my posts across all social media channels for a week and then I forget about it! It allows me to still post at regular times but not be tied to my phone or computer at all hours of the day.
4. Ahalogy – I believe this is the best FREE pin scheduling tool out there. I spend some time going pin crazy and then Ahalogy schedules those pins for the best times. The only downside to this tool is that you need to apply and get accepted. But it’s so worth the time it takes to apply!
5. Allthefreestock – Hands down, the BEST place for FREE stock images. This website has compiled a list of the best stock photo sites, so you can go to this one website and get them all! All images are Creative Commons Zero which means you are able to use them for commercial purposes with no attribution required.
6. Canva – I literally use this for creating all my graphics across my social media channels. It’s super easy to use and they even give you different templates with different sizes depending on what social media channel you will be posting to.
7. Grammarly – The best part about this tool is that you can download it and it will automatically check all your work whether on your blog or on facebook! It finds your errors and gives you the correction for most errors.
8. Hemmingway – This one is all about readability. You can copy and paste your text right into the interface and it will tell you what grade your article is based on readability and it also gives you suggestions to make your article better.
9. Headline Analyzer – The headline of your article is the first thing that readers will see, so you need to make sure it captures the attention of your audience and makes them want to click on it! This tool allows you to put in your headline, and it will grade it and give you tips on making it better.
10. Viglink – Once you install this plugin, it turns all of your outgoing links into affiliate links. Instead of joining several different affiliate programs, you just download Viglink and it turns all your links into a money making opportunity.
11. Google Adsense – This is one of the easiest ways to make money with your blog. It allows you to set up banner ads on your site and you earn money whenever someone clicks on your link.
12. Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin – When I first started blogging, I was reading about this plugin everyone was talking about but refused to believe I needed any help with SEO. Sorry to break it to you, but you NEED this. People underestimate the power of SEO, and this plugin will help you get found in google which will increase traffic.
13. Click to Tweet – If you want to make it easier for your readers to share your content, this is the tool to use. It allows you to add a clickable quote (like the one below) within your blog post. Feel free to click my quote below and try it out!
Traffic and Marketing
14. Mailchimp – This is the tool you want to use in order to give updates to your subscribers or send out newsletters. The templates provided make it super easy to use and it’s free up to the first 2,000 subscribers.
15. Sumo Me – This is one of the ways to get social sharing buttons on your site, which you do NEED! I also use the welcome mat feature to encourage readers to sign up for my newsletter.
These tools have made my job as a blogger so much easier! However, if you are like me and are not always on your computer but usually have your phone nearby, there are some amazing apps that will help you even more.